Monday, March 07, 2005

I am Albert A Kauslick. I have been a working artist and a woodworker for almost 30 years. I am old-I'll be 48 this April. I've circumnavigated the world, seen a good bit of the world and after visiting the great cultural capitals of the world I ended up in Burlington, North Carolina. It's quiet here and people pretty much leave me alone. I am tired-I've busted my butt since I was 16 and defended my right to be respected and taken seriously since I landed on this damn rock. I live in pretty continuous pain -I've got Arthritis in my left hip and left knee, my list of medical problems are a mystery to the medical profession, You'll hear about most if you bother to read my ramblings. I've been hurt and betrayed by people I've loved and cared for pretty much my whole life although I do have friends who I would indeed and have trusted with my back, my money, my vehicles and my animals. I am pretty disgusted by the human race I'm forced to share the world with. I know the good and the bad that humanity is capable of and it bothers me that they will always choose greed over charity, betrayal over a bit of personal humiliation, theft over hard work, fear before bravery, pride before humility, prejudice before understanding and 'going along with the crowd' before admitting that the king has no new clothes. I've learned that Religion is usually an excuse to hate and that the more somebody tries to convince you how honest, intelligent and caring they are the more likely it is that they are dishonest, stupid and insincere. I have known a woman’s love and then had it taken from me, but that was many years ago. I've remained pretty celibate since; I just can't put myself there again. My doctor says I need to work on my stress or I really will have a heart attack next time. BUT this isn't what I want to be writing about, consider it a warning - I'm not a happy guy, I'm not trying to be amusing and if I amuse you through my misadventures feel free to laugh, God knows if I don't I'll start screaming again and that really scares the animals. I would like to share my views on Art, my insight on woodworking and my view of my world here at the end of the cultural road, I may go into my views of politics but trust me I am not looking for a debate.

I must go back to work now...I'm working on a drawing of Simonetta Vespucci that I constructed from all the known portraits of her and a few of my own elemets...a labor of love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Forrest Covington said...

FNORD

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home